venerdì 19 ottobre 2012

Interview with Lorenzo Borgomeo - Post XFC

MMA Café: Hi Lorenzo, thanks for this interview. Recently you faced Eric Reynolds on short notice, talk about the match.

Lorenzo Borgomeo: Hi, it was a match that presented many problems, first of all the cut weight. I received the call when I was 194 pounds. Lightweight limit is 155, so I’ve asked for a catchweight at 160 pounds, Reynolds accepted it and I started my diet and training. It was a tough match, but I won the first round in the stand up and with a last minute take down. The second round was the same, but with one minute left, Reynolds grabbed my leg on a kick, and after throwing me down and a quick scramble he secured the guillotine choke.

MMA Café: Urijah Faber as well has had good words about you, despite the loss did this good performance give you other contacts?

Lorenzo Borgomeo: Yes, a lot. Now with my manager, we are considering several proposal for November and December. It is sure that I need at least six weeks notice to fight at 155. 34 pounds in three weeks is a record, but it can affect your performance. I didn’t feel at 100% for sure.

MMA Café: What do you think about your teammate’s match against Jon Jones?

Lorenzo Borgomeo: I think that Belfort is always a danger, at every reach, and that armlock was a real masterpiece of technique. Jones has showed that he doesn’t have only the talent, the young age, the body, a team, but he’s got the mindset and the “guts”. Seriously it was the most important match of his career. Essentially all of us wanted to check how he would have been able to cope with a tough situation, because till the Belfort match it looked like he had only “played”.

MMA Café: Do you think that there is someone able to defeat Jones?

Lorenzo Borgomeo: Everything can happen in MMA, this is the inner beauty of this sport. But in a short period of time, I don’t see it happening.

MMA Café: Let’s get back to you, did you find any technical aspect of your to work on after the Reynolds fight?

Lorenzo Borgomeo: Maybe I shouldn’t have accepted it, I don’t think it could be possible to cut 17kilos without paying any consequences. To tell you the truth, I’ve never imagined to lose by submission against a boxer, and I think I would have had more problems during the stand up. Paradoxically, the match it was the opposite I imagined.

MMA Café: Thank a lot again.

Lorenzo Borgomeo: Thanks to you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento